Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Search
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Buy Rent
Time Frame

Glen Cairn, London, Ontario Real Estate and Homes for Sale

In Glen Cairn, about one third of buildings are single detached homes, but large apartment buildings, small apartment buildings, and townhouses are also present in the housing stock. This part of the city offers mainly two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Around 60% of the units in the neighbourhood are occupied by homeowners whereas the remainder are rented. Around 40% of properties in this part of the city were built in the 1960s and 1970s, while many of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.  Read more about Glen Cairn real estate

48 Homes For Sale in Glen Cairn

Lifestyle

Transportation

The favoured approach to get around in Glen Cairn is usually driving. It is straightforward to park, and it is a rather short drive to the nearest highway from any location in this part of the city. In contrast, the public transit service in Glen Cairn is not very frequent. Nevertheless, house owners have access to a few bus lines, and bus stops are not very far away from most homes. Walking is not very popular in Glen Cairn, even though many common errands can be run without having to use a vehicle.

Services

It is a reasonably short walk to get to primary schools and daycares from most properties for sale in Glen Cairn. In contrast, it can be difficult to reach high schools on foot. As far as eating is concerned, the closest grocery store in Glen Cairn is generally only a reasonably short walk away. There are also a limited number of options for those who value nearby restaurants and cafes.

Character

Home buyers who prefer a relaxed ambience will enjoy Glen Cairn. Most areas in this part of London are reasonably quiet, as there are usually low levels of noise from traffic - although that is not the case near the railway line. Lastly, parks, such as Westminster Ponds and Thompson Road Park, are very well-situated and there are around 20 of them nearby for residents to relax in, resulting in them being very easy to get to from most locations within Glen Cairn.