Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Search
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Buy Rent
Time Frame

Central Oakville, Oakville, Ontario Real Estate and Homes for Sale

In Central Oakville, about 40% of dwellings are large apartment buildings, while small apartment buildings, single detached homes, and townhouses are the main alternatives in the housing stock. This neighbourhood has a good variety of housing size options, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Renters occupy around 60% of the dwellings in Central Oakville while owners occupy the remainder. About 40% of homes in this part of the town were built in the 1960s and 1970s, while the majority of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s.  Read more about Central Oakville real estate

36 Homes For Sale in Central Oakville

Lifestyle

Transportation

Active property owners will value the walk-friendly character of Central Oakville; running common errands is easy by walking. However, commuting by bicycle is difficult in this neighbourhood because cyclists encounter a significant amount of elevation changes, and the cycling network is not very well-developed. Driving is a very good means of transportation in Central Oakville. It is a rather short car ride to the nearest highway from anywhere in Central Oakville, and parking is easy. On the other hand, the public transit network in Central Oakville is not especially convenient. Nonetheless, there are a few bus lines traversing the neighbourhood, and bus stops are not very far away from most houses.

Services

It is usually an option for home buyers in Central Oakville to buy groceries by walking. Likewise, those who like to eat in restaurants will have a good number of opportunities, and a limited selection of cafes is available as well. It is also convenient to get to a variety of clothing stores on foot. Concerning education, families will find that wherever their property is located in this neighbourhood, schools and daycares are nearby.

Character

Central Oakville offers a slower-paced atmosphere and will appeal to those who enjoy spending time outdoors. There are around 10 parks nearby for residents to relax in, such as Sixteen Mile Creek, resulting in them being very easy to reach from numerous locations in this neighbourhood. This part of Oakville is also quiet, as the streets are generally quite peaceful.