Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Time Frame

St. Catharines, ON Real Estate - Houses For Sale in St. Catharines, Ontario

In St. Catharines, roughly 60% of dwellings are single detached homes, while large apartment buildings, small apartment buildings, and townhouses are the main housing types in the rest of the housing stock. About 40% of properties in this city were constructed in the 1960s and 1970s, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s. This city also has a good choice of housing sizes - properties range from lofts to four or more bedrooms. About 70% of the population of this city own their home and the rest are renters. The average price of an MLS® real estate listing in St. Catharines is $ 780,034.  Read more about St. Catharines real estate

935 Homes For Sale in St. Catharines


About Living in St. Catharines, Ontario


The car is very often the best method to get around in St. Catharines. It is straightforward to park, and nearby highways, such as Queen Elizabeth Way, are quite easy to reach from any location in St. Catharines. In contrast, this city is not very transit friendly. Nevertheless, there is the St. Catharines Station on the Lakeshore West Line. Residents benefit from over 50 bus lines, and bus stops are not very far away from most properties. Travelling by foot is not very common in this city, although many daily errands can be run without the use of a vehicle.


Some, but not all, house buyers in this city will live within walking distance of one of around 40 grocery stores. There are also over 300 restaurants and cafes in St. Catharines. With respect to education, families will appreciate that wherever their house is located in this city, daycares and primary schools are close by. In contrast, it can be challenging to access high schools as a pedestrian.


St. Catharines is a fairly good city to buy a home in for those who prefer a calm environment. Parks are easy to reach since there are over 100 of them nearby for residents to enjoy. This city is also reasonably quiet, as the streets are quite peaceful - although that is not the case around Highway 58, Queen Elizabeth Way or one of the railway lines.